DAYS TO GO
A conference focusing on children's and young people's mental health and well being.
WHOLENESS... is an essential conference for all those that work with children and young people in the South West!
Many of us working with children or teenagers have picked up snippets of information from the media about the poor mental health and well being of young people but we probably lack any real knowledge of the subject. Many are now realising that well being and mental health issues will not go away and are negatively affecting more and more young people with whom we come into contact.
Our YCWSW 2017 Conference is an introduction to the whole topic; an exploration of the landscape of well-being, the pressures and factors that negatively affect well-being and mental health in children and young people, and how we as Christian workers and leaders can better understand the issues and build youth and children's groups that promote positive well-being and emotional health.
0930 - 1000 Arrival and refreshments.
1000 - 1015 Welcome and introduction.
1015 - 1100 Keynote 1 - Resilience and Well-being in Children and Young People (Dr Kate Middleton).
1100 - 1145 Keynote 2 - The Impact of Technology on the Health and Well-being in Children and Young People
1145 - 1215 Refreshments.
1215 - 1300 Breakout 1 - a variety of workshops related to the main theme and run by our main speakers and experts
from across the region. Delegates will be emailed full information nearer the time.
1300 - 1345 Lunch - there are a wide variety of cafés, fast-food restaurants and other food outlets nearby.
1345 - 1430 Breakout 2 - another choice of workshop topics related to the main theme, run by experts from across the
1430 - 1500 Q & A - a chance to bring questions on issues covered during the day to a panel of our guest speakers.
1500 - 1545 A closing session encouraging youth and children’s workers to feel confident that with effective, positive
strategies we can bring wholeness to young people.
1545 - 1600 Final thoughts.
Dr Kate Middleton
Kate is the Assistant Pastor at Hitchin Christian Centre as well as being a psychologist and director of Mind and Soul – a national organisation that aims to encourage the church to engage more with matters of emotional and mental health. She is passionate about applying psychology and faith to real life and loves to help people grow, particularly in terms of their emotional health. Kate is the author of various books covering such topics as eating disorders, anxiety, stress and self harm, and is a regular speaker at conferences around the UK.
Ken is the Online Safety Manager for the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL) Trust. SWGfL is a world leader in online child safety, a founding member of the UK Council for Child Internet Safety as well as an advisor to Governments and the lead partner in the UK Safer Internet Centre. Ken is a renowned expert in the field of onine safety, and works with a broad range of national and international organisations that include Childnet, CEOP and Internet Watch Foundation. He has spoken at global conferences across the world.
1. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and cost £12 if booked before midnight on September 30th, and £20 if booked after this up to midnight on Wednesday 25th October. Tickets are not available after this date.
2. In the window below*, choose the number of Conference tickets you would like to buy. (If you wish to buy tickets for others as well, just choose the quantity you require when you order below. We need to keep track of who is coming so if you are ordering for others you will be asked to enter their name(s) and a contact email address to which the tickets will be emailed.)
* If the Eventbrite window is not visible this may be due to ad blocking software you have installed. Please disable it for this web page so that the Eventbrite window can load.
3. Payment is by credit card only so please have you card details to hand (VISA/MasterCard/Amex) and click the green Order Now button when ready to order. You will then be taken to the Eventbrite website for payment - the transaction will be handled by Eventbrite via an industry-standard encrypted connection. You will not have to pay any fees for the credit card transaction.
4. After buying your ticket you will receive an email containing a PDF file of your ticket. (If buying/reserving multiple tickets each ticket will be emailed to the email address given for that ticket.) Please print off your ticket(s) and bring with you or use the Eventbrite App to bring an electronic version with you on your smartphone/tablet. If you lose the printout or forget to bring your e-ticket you will still be allowed entry but there will be a delay in your registration whilst we verify your details.
6. Refunds will be given up to seven days before the event. Please contact YCWSW using the Contact Us form below to ask about refunds if you have to cancel your ticket purchase.
We often get sent questions about the YCWSW events when the information is already here on the website!
BEFORE SENDING IN THE FORM BELOW PLEASE LOOK THROUGH THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE FIRST AS THE INFORMATION WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE HERE!
If you cannot find the information you require, are having problems booking tickets, or for any other issue regarding the event, please use the form below to contact us. We will respond as soon as possible - usually the same day.
Cookies are small data files that may be stored on your computer by websites that are visited. Many cookies enhance the use of a website by remembering user preferences or helping website owners to see which pages or links are most popular. Recent legislation means that all website owners must now inform users of how cookies are used on their sites. For more information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
*The third-party websites that may be linked via this website are:
4. Users are reminded that cookies may normally be disabled via the preferences option in their web browser. Any changes made to these settings will then apply to all websites visited, and functionality may be lost as a result.
Using the Eventbrite services via our Booking Page
Any data passed to YCWSW by Eventbrite will only be used by the partner organisations for the purpose of administering the conferences. We do not pass any data we receive to third parties. YCWSW complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all data will be stored and used in accordance with the Act.